This post is a bit late in the season but still a great treat nonetheless! I decided to make this now because I had all this leftover candy cane from Christmas when I made my Peppermint Hot Chocolate mixes for my friends. Not knowing what to do with the leftover candy cane, I decided to make Peppermint Bark because it’s super easy to make, looks beautiful, and tastes great!
I brought this to work and it all disappeared by the end of the day. And trust me I brought A LOT to work.
Makes 1 1/4 pounds
- 8oz White Chocholate
- 8oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 2 tsp Canola Oil
- 3/4 cup of Crushed Candy Cane
- In a double boiler, melt the semi sweet chocolate. Add 1 tsp of canola oil to make the chocolate less thick and more spreadable. Meanwhile, prepare your 13 x 9 cookie sheet by lining it with wax paper.
- Spread the chocolate mixture on the wax paper and sprinkle half of the crushed candy cane mixture on top. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate similar to step 1. Mix in some of the remaining crushed candy cane into the white chocolate mixture.
- Pour the rest of the white chocolate mixture on top of the semi-sweet chocolate mixture and sprinkle the remaining crushed candy cane on top.
- Set it in the freezer for 5 minutes or so and take it out once it’s completely hardened.
- Peel the wax paper off from the hardened chocolate and break it into small pieces. I used a cleaver to break my peppermint bark up into even pieces.