Continuing on from my post earlier this week, I had an abundance of lemons that I purchased that needed to be used up. I also have a basil plant that’s growing wildly out of control and is in dire need of a trimming. Trying to think of how I could combine those two ingredients into a dish, I decided to make lemon basil shrimp pasta!
This dish was super easy to make and required little to no effort. Best of all, there’s no need for pasta sauce!
All you need to do is coat the pasta with some olive oil and lemon juice and voila! I also added some chopped tomatoes to help moisten up the spaghetti a little bit and topped it off with some freshly grated parmesan cheese. Once you mix everything up, it tastes great.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 8oz spaghetti
- 1 lbs uncooked shrimp, deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package instruction until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the minced garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Cook the shrimp for a few minutes or until they’re done. Throw in spinach leaves to cook as well until they start to wilt.
- Add spaghetti back into the pan and toss in chopped tomatoes and lemon juice. Toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix in chopped basil leaves.
- You’re ready to plate and serve!