Not too long ago, we had the great honor of being nominated by Alyssa’s Breakfast Café for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.
We totally did not expect it so when she notified us that she nominated us, we were extremely flattered! If you guys haven’t checked out her blog yet, you must! She posts great breakfast and brunch recipes that are easy to make and her photos will make you want to wake up early to make them. Her Danish Pancake Balls are absolutely adorable!
We feel extremely fortunate to have been nominated and none of this would’ve been possible without our lovely readers, so THANK YOU! It’s so exciting to see our blog grow and evolve over time. This encourages us to continue to focus on delivering great content for you guys and venture outside our comfort zone to discover new recipes to share with you all.
Now, of course there are rules for these awards. Sharing is caring after all 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site
- Include the award logo in your post
- Answer the ten questions given to you
- Nominate seven more bloggers and let them know
- Make up ten new questions for them to answer
So here are the answers to the question which Alyssa asked in her nomination:
1. If you could live in any fictional world, where would it be?
We recently watched this anime called Sword Art Online where people who play video games via virtual reality get stuck in the game they’re playing and they have to live out the lives of their character which they chose to play. It’s a really cool concept as you get to basically live a second life and have super powers! Imagine having superpowers and fighting bad guys, how cool is that?
2. Coffee or tea?
For me, tea any day as I don’t drink coffee because I don’t like the taste of it nor do I want to get addicted to it. The bf will definitely pick coffee though – he can drink up to 3 cups a day…..
3. What is your favorite book series or geeky fandom (television/movies, included)? If you don’t have one, which one fascinates you or captures your attention most?
My favourite geeky television series has to be Big Bang Theory. Though I never studied physics in high school or university, you have to appreciate how geeky and witty these guys are.
4. Do you have any phobias? If so, what are they?
5. Describe one of your funniest moments, or the hardest you’ve ever laughed.
I read a poem book that my bf wrote when he was in elementary school and some of the things he wrote was so funny, I probably spent 10 minutes laughing non stop, to the point where tears were literally streaming down my face. It’s always funny to look back at things we did or say when we were younger 🙂
6. What is one thing that can always make you smile?
Bunnies! I love bunnies, anything bunny related will make me smile. My bf is a sucker for dorky looking animals.
7. What are your thoughts on fine arts education in schools (for kids aged ~6-18 years)?
I wished our school had a better fine arts education program. I definitely have an artsy and creative side that hasn’t been properly nurtured due to the classes we were forced to take throughout school. It’s definitely a great outlet for people to express themselves.
8. Would you rather have more money or more time?
Oooooh… this is a tough question! It’s tricky because you can have more money… but not enough time to spend it. Or you can have all the time in the world, but no money to do the things you want…. For me personally, I would prefer to have more money and hopefully use that money to buy assistance so that I can free up more time to myself. I dunno if it actually works that way but one can always dream 🙂
9. What is a guilty pleasure of yours?
Nestlé Drumsticks OMG.
10. If you could give a giant “thank you” to anyone in your life, who would it be and why?
This is going to sound cheesy but definitely my parents. They definitely pushed me to always do better and never give up.
Enough about us, onto the nominations 🙂 You are not obligated to participate by the way but we highly encourage you to share the love!
- Put Your Cake Pants On
- Butter Baking
- Spring Tomorrow
- Fabulous Fare Sisters
- Fae’s Twist & Tango
- The Culinary Jumble
- Ice Cream Magazine
Please check out their blogs!
Our questions to you guys are:
- What got you into cooking or baking and why do you enjoy it so much?
- What would be your last meal before you die?
- Staple ingredient that you cannot live without.
- Your favourite vacation spot and why.
- If you had to choose between being lactose intolerance or gluten intolerance, which one would you rather have?
- What is one thing that you wish you were more talented at?
- What’s your dream job?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- One thing you cannot leave the house without?
- If you had to choose between going without a phone for a day vs not going on your computer for the day, which one would you choose assuming you had no access to internet/wifi to both?